This privacy notice tells you how and why we collect and use your data. If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com or write to us and we will do our best to answer any questions you might have.
Who we are
We are Light Forms Ltd. (‘us’ or ‘we’), a company registered in England and Wales (Company Registration No. 06750892). Our registered address is Unit 7c Boeing Way, International Trading Estate, Southall, Middx UB2 5LB.
Light Forms creates high performance lighting for the international market. We pride ourselves on our direct and collaborative approach with all our clients and suppliers. We constantly strive to deliver a high-quality product and service that is at the cutting edge of architectural lighting.
This privacy notice covers what you need to know about how we collect, use and look after your personal data. The notice also covers your rights and how you can contact us if you have any queries in relation to how we process your information. We strive to meet the highest standards of data protection and won’t do anything you wouldn’t reasonably expect with the data you give us.
This privacy notice only covers how we collect and use your personal data. For example, there may be instances in the future when our website www.lightforms.com links to other websites which aren’t under our control. When following external links it is best, therefore, to check third party privacy policies to be clear on their collection, processing and use of your information.
Our approach to privacy
We take your right to privacy very seriously and respect any personal information you share with us and endeavour to keep it safe, whatever your relationship is with us. Importantly we want you to know that we will never exchange, sell or rent your personal information to another person or organisation.
This privacy notice is intended to give you an understanding of how and why we use the information that you give us.
By using our website or providing us with any personal information, including sensitive information (such as information about your health) you agree to your personal information being used and stored in the manner set out in this notice.
How we collect information from you
There are a number of ways in you might share your information with us including:
- Enquiries / social media: if you contact us with enquiries, correspond with us (including corresponding with us on behalf of a business) or become involved with us in another way (including via social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or LinkedIn)
- IP addresses: when you visit our website we collect internet log information. This information helps us to track the number of visitors and their behaviour on our website so we can better understand how our website is being used. This allows us to make our website experience better for everyone.
- Cookies: cookies are small text files that allow us to collect the above information.
This means that our website will remember you for a particular reason and help to personalise your experience. The information provided to us through this method can include details about your device, the browsing system you use and any issues that may arise including a website crash.
The types of cookies we use include session and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary and are only stored until you close your browser or leave our website. Persistent cookies last for a longer period of time and allow our website to recognise you on return visits.
You can turn off cookies through your browser settings at any time if you do not want your browser to accept cookies. You can also delete existing cookies in your browser settings.
What type of information we might collect and process about you
The personal information we might collect includes:
- your name, address, email address, telephone numbers and other contact information (including details of your social media accounts/profiles)
- information about your employment: e.g. your next-of-kin’s contact information in case of emergency; your National Insurance Number; passport details; identify card or other right to work; driving licence; or qualifications, including in-service training provided by us
- information you enter onto our website
- records of your correspondence with us, if you have contacted us
- details of your contact with us, including its frequency
- financial information
- information you enter onto our website
- details of your visit to the site including your IP address
Except where permitted by law, we will never collect sensitive personal data about you without your consent.
How we use your information
We may use your information to:
- provide you with the products, services or information you have asked for
- administer payments to you for products or services provided by you, or for products or services to you by us
- provide you with information about us, our products and services, and any other information that we provide or provide access to
- comply with applicable laws and regulations, and requests from statutory agencies
- for our internal administrative purposes
- notify you about changes to our products and services
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- Seek your views
Consenting to Marketing
We will only contact you via email where you have specifically given us consent to do so. In the instances you receive these mailings you will be given the opportunity to opt out of this activity and you can also opt out of this at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Also, if you ever want to change the way you hear from us or update your contact details then please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing to us at Light Forms, Unit 7c Boeing Way, International Trading Estate, Southall, Middx UB2 5LB.
You can withdraw your consent at any time. If, at any time you do not wish to receive further information about us and our products and services, or you wish to change your contact details or preferences, please let us know by contacting us using the details below.
If you request to receive no further contact from us, we will keep some basic information in order to avoid sending you unwanted materials in the future, and to ensure that we do not accidentally store details for the same person multiple times.
Also, it is worth noting that if you opt out and then later opt back in your most recent instruction will take precedence.
You also have the right to:
- request a copy of the information we hold about you
- update or amend the information we hold about you if it is wrong
- change your communication preferences at any time
- ask us to remove your personal information from our records
- object to the processing of your information for marketing purposes
- raise a concern or complaint about the way in which your information is being used
If you would like to exercise any of the rights above, please send us a request by email to email@example.com by writing to us at: Light Forms, Unit 7c Boeing Way, International Trading Estate, Southall, Middx UB2 5LB.
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been handled you are entitled to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Where your data is held
All information you provide to us is stored securely and treated with care and respect.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Heart Internet Ltd. Host our website.
Who has access to your data
As mentioned previously, we won’t sell or rent your data to third parties for them to use for their own purposes.
Our management and other staff may have access to your data and sometimes we may pass your data to third parties when they are working on our behalf. For example, when our working partners are undertaking some work with us on your behalf. They have their own strict privacy policies. However, in our dealings with our working partners we will only provide the information they need to deliver the relevant service, and we make sure that your data is treated with the same level of care as if we were handling it directly.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any agreements, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Light Forms or others.
Changes to this policy
This policy was last updated on 24 May 2018
We may make changes to this Privacy Notice from time to time without first contacting you, so we encourage you to check it on occasion. By continuing to use our website you will be deemed to have accepted those changes.